When Standard Tap opened its doors in December 1999, our goal was simple: to create a neighborhood tavern that featured great beer and wholesome food. With that in mind, we offer a draft-only beer selection that highlights the vast array of styles crafted by breweries located in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. Our food menu both complements the beer and expands the notion of what pub food can be. We use only the best available produce, poultry, meats and seafood — much of it from area farms and local vendors – to create fresh, seasonal dishes.
Join us for Standard Tap’s third annual celebration of swine, PORK OF JULY! From Friday July 3th through Sunday July 5th our dinner and brunch menus will feature pork chops, bacon, ribs, belly and more. We plan to pour a nice variety of “BBQ friendly” drafts to complement our pork feast as well. Show your love with a Pork of July tee shirt! Happy PORK OF JULY!
- FRI 5/29 – HAMMER OF GLORY RELAY – Start your beer engines at 11am! Our kitchen and bar open early to fuel you for this year’s relay. Join the toast with a complimentary Sawtown Standard Lager – William Reed’s 8th annual collaboration with Sly Fox Brewery!
- SAT 5/30 – BULLFROG BRUNCH 11am – 3pm. Game dishes and brunch classics paired with Bullfrog Brewery’s sour, wild, & wood-aged beers.
- SUN 5/31 – BREWMASTERS’ BRUNCH – 11am – 3pm. John Stemler of Free Will Brewing Co. and Jef Janssens of Hof ten Dormaal produced this year’s PBW Belgian collaboration beer: Leuven on a Prayer. They’ll be on hand to pour this and other Free Will limited releases.
- MON 6/1 – PBW OYSTER CULT – 6 – 10 pm. Flights of beer paired with flights of oysters. PHILADELPHIA BREWING COMPANY ZINGO! – 9pm – 12am. Sponsored by PBC. Prizes, fresh local beer, and BINGO, Kenzo-style!
- TUES 6/2 – KINGPIN – 6pm until someone wins. 12 of your favorite local breweries compete to see whose pin will be the first to kick. The winner will be crowned KINGPIN!
- WED 6/3 – WEYERBACHER GOLF CLASSIC – 5 – 8pm. Wear your worst golf attire. Hit a little plastic ball into a little plastic cup. Win some swag from Weyerbacher.
- THU 6/4 – FLYING FISH HAPPY HOUR – 5 – 7pm. Featuring Flying Fish Brewery beers paired with Birchrun Hills Farm cheeses.
- FRI 6/5 – BEST OF BEER WEEK – all day. Our favorite limited releases, collaboration beers, & one-offs of Philly Beer Week tapped for a SUPER MEGA draft list.
- SAT 6/6 – SOUR BRUNCH -11am – 3pm.
Is it TOO MUCH to ask of you, just this one time, to drag yourself over to the Standard Tap for PUBLETTERS, and get a beer and write a nice letter to Mom? You know Mothers’ Day is Sunday the 10th, right? You did know that, didn’t you? It’s FREE, and they bring all the stamps and the stationery and everything, they’ll even lend you a pen. You can drink your Mister Yard’s beer with one hand and that leaves you the other hand to write a letter which I know you can do, you have beautiful handwriting. It would mean a lot to her. That’s all I have to say about it.
Big Wood Weekend is coming! Over the weekend of March 14th we’ll be pouring a heady array of barrel aged and smoked beer as we welcome Craft Beer Express. We’re also excited to announce the return of Bone in Brunch! From 11-3 on Saturday and Sunday our brunch menu will feature all manner of meat on the bone from marrow to chops and ribs. So come hungry because BIG WOOD WEEKEND featuring BONE IN BRUNCH is coming!
Join us on the 1st for our Hair of the Dog Brunch! We’ll be serving Brunch from 11-6 and closing our doors at 8 to lick our own wounds. Stop through for one of our award winning (and hangover helping) Bloody Marys!
Join us for a night of $5 Troegs Mad Elf and Victory Golden Monkey love! Aural Enhancement will be provided by Frostola as he serves up his own special blend of Afro, Carib, Sould and Old School on a Hoagie Roll. We’ll also be pouring a firkin of Dogfish Head 75 Minute IPA FREE OF CHARGE! See you on NYE!
Publetters, an evening of Drinks, Ink, Paper & Stamps, returns to the Standard Tap on Tuesday, Dec. 9th with a festive and fun take on the art of the handwritten letter. From 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., join us upstairs at the Tap to create a letter or card to send to your loved ones. We’ll have unique holiday cards, beautiful paper, and envelopes from all over the world, First Class Postage stamps with Christmas, Kwanzaa and Hanukkah themes, and a selection of stickers and ribbon to brighten up your letter. It’s all upstairs at the Standard Tap–and it’s FREE. Fine stationery provided by Casa Papel; postage courtesy of Trophy Bikes.